Friday, March 26, 2010

My Answers ’50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind’

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
23. Just old enough to see both the good and the bad in world with reckless abandon and the attitude not to care what others think about my decisions.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?
Never trying. Failing allows for new paths and memories. Never trying! Never trying leaves doubt in what could have been.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Things get in the way. Careers slowly become work. Little things seem to become more important in the overall picture even when it’s something that you don’t want to do. We lose sight of living in the now and become consumed with planning for the future.

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
Yes. I didn’t become a vet or a politician. Just a few things that said I would do.

5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
Humm…jealousy. I wish people would just be happy for someone else’s fortune.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
The little things moments.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
This is a mixed answer. I used to love this but there are times when I believe I’m settling.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
Wow! I would have been more determined to make things work. I spend a lot of time letting things go, believing that things will work themselves out.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
By choices. Though right (to me) at the moment, time has proven them to be wrong.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Doing the right thing.

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Defend my friend!

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Watch the clouds go by.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Yes

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I’m not sure. I know that there have been the WTF moments that soon turn to understanding but I don’t know if I could consider those.

15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
Speak freely as long as it doesn’t have to do with my own emotions. I will say what I want and then think about it may affect to other person.

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
I have strange sense of humor.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Falling in love. Humm…my temper, inability to open up or become more approachable…to name a few. I close myself off to others. It’s easier for me to keep people at a distance (where I think they can’t hurt me).

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Feeling that my work is me. For some reason I’ve held my work above me. My work says everything about me. I don’t take time for me when I need to if there is work I feel is important. Things that most people might not stay late for.

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
State: Colorado. Country: United Kingdom

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Sometimes. No I usually do this out of frustration.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
Joyful simpleton.

22. Why are you, you?
I’m a product of my surroundings and upbringing. Not in the sense that I’m blaming my parents or anything. I believe it that is my reactions and my interactions that help make me the person that I am for good or bad.

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Yes. Or at least I hope that I would have been a good friend.

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Talk about picking the worse of two evils. A good friend who lives right near you is the answer I’m going with. I can understand the long distance issue, but being close and not being there means to me that there is something else wrong in the friendship. Have we grown apart or gone in different directions to the point where we don’t call. Yeah a good friend who lives right near me would be the worse.

25. What are you most grateful for?
Loving friends and family.

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Never make new ones.

27. Is it possible to know the truth without challenging it first?

No.

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?

No.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
No.

30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Spending time with my great-grandmother, she would make matzo ball soup just for me.

31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
I would have to say when I was creating my first day zero project list. Something about finding new direction is invigorating.

32. If not now, then when?
Now! Not later now.

33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Nothing, I must try! If I don’t I will probably spend my life doing the ‘what if’ for the rest of my life.

34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yeah

35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Ego.

36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
No. What I might find good you may find evil (or vise-a-versa).

37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
No. I would need more time to get things in order to make sure I could live off it. I’m sure I have enough bills that need to be paid. Then after paying off some things for family and charity, I would still need a job.

38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work you actually enjoy doing.

39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
I don’t know about a hundred times but yes.

40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
The week after I realized that I was passed over for promotion.

41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
My family and those who lived in the area

42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No. But you know it’s sad that I had to think about this one. You see I’m single. I haven’t had a date in some time…and it doesn’t help that I feel inadequate to begin with.

43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?

Anyone can be alive. But to be able to live it to the fullest is not something that everyone does. Most of us look around and say ‘wow I wish I could do that’ and never even try to do it. We only have one life. We don’t know if tomorrow is the our last day but we start everyday as though we know that tomorrow will be just another day.

44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
It’s hard to say nowadays. For me it’s the level or right. I’m not going to put my life on the line if I think that it will just be another sad story. Don’t get me wrong if it will help someone yes. There is no other choice. But I think that I would react hostile to someone approaching me then I’m not doing it.

45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Though we learn from our mistakes we don’t want to fail.

46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I don’t think I would change anything. I don’t think I’ve ever really been concerned about being judged.

47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
When running..or trying to reach a speed that maybe considered running or jogging.

48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
Little moments. No.

49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
I would like to say yes, but only time will tell.

50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
Lately it feels like both. I have been making decisions on some things and letting others make the ones I no longer am trying to stress over.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love these questions... I may have to fill them out myself!

Denise said...

Melissa: Wow that's awesome. I totally wish I thought of breaking it down into weeks.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
When the student is ready, the master appears. ~Buddhist Proverb