Friday, February 5, 2010

Little moments


It's the little moments that matter

We consume ourselves with big moments. Yet it's the little moments that matter. It's the little moments that make the day. Yet somehow they are blurred by the big things. We forget to take a look around and see the special moments around us. We take for granted that first deep breath and the hazy for daylight when we wake up. The innocence of a small child that enthralled by feeding popcorn to a kio, should warm any heart. The beauty of a couple dancing in a concert can make anyone smile.

Take a step back. Look at your day from a new window. Don't become devoured by major events. Someone once said "It is what it is." Seriously stop and enjoy the moments around you. Don't think about the coffee. Think about the aroma. Don't think about the drive to work. Think about the people in their car, trying to get a million things done on the way to work. Seriously! Stop and smell the roses. Call a loved one tell them that you love them. Call an old friend and reminisce. You'll be surprised by the little smirk that appears when you recall that moment.


 

A couple little facts:

  • I think that I will die alone and the living alone scares me more than the concept of death.
  • I dislike large crowds. I can work the room like the next guy. But I LOVE small intimate settings. There's nothing better than the connection that can be made in those small settings.
  • I like to people watch….not like you can't tell from this blog :)


1 comments:

sol said...

come check it out...gave you an award...even with the minimal amounts of posts! good thing for unlimited texts.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
When the student is ready, the master appears. ~Buddhist Proverb