I went the other day to a psychologist the other day for one thing and ending up with another thing. After about an hour of talking, I was told that I have a tendency of talking down to people and that I should add the word 'dumbass' to the end of my conversations. I was also told that I was an A type personality and that I needed to be more of a B Type personality. WTF!
The dumbass:
This seemed like a simple thing when I walked out, until I started to drive away. As my mind wondered through the 'adding dumbass' concept it seemed to become a little disturbing to little conversations. Heck I made fun of the concept of adding it. The next work day seemed to prove a little more challenging than I thought. I think at one point I wanted to comment on something and after mentally adding the dumbass to the end of it, I stayed silent. By mid-day I had given up on wanting to talk at work. Normally I would jump in on talking about nothing but not today. I spent most of the day realizing that: "Shit I really do talk down more than I realize." Now to changing that is not as easy as I think it would be. This will definitely take longer to adjust to then I originally assumed.
A type personality
Seriously? Me an A type? Crazy I always ASSumed that these where people that where self motivated people. I'm a procrastinator. I will wait until the 11th hour to complete something. To think I would be considered an A type is a little crazy. I know that I like things a certain way but that's because I'm a bit of an ass. The psychologist stated that A types have a tendency of burning themselves out and that I need to learn to take a step back. That little statement made me realize that I an A type. For that is what my plan was for the career transition. So here I sit. An A type trying to be a B (dumbass).
#74 Watch the clouds go by. I spent my lunch hour on my back watching the clouds go by. Only to go back to work wondering when life became so hectic that I stopped staring into space and wondering about possibilities. Might I say it was a nice break from the working lunch that I normally used to do.
0 comments:
Post a Comment