In This Special Moment in Life
Think freely. Practice patience. Smile often. Savor special moments. Make new friends. Rediscover old ones. Tell those you love that you do. Feel deeply. Forget trouble. Forgive an enemy. Hope. Grow. Be crazy. Count your blessings. Observe miracles. Let them happen. Discard worry. Give. Give in. Trust enough to take. Pick some flowers. Share them. Keep a promise. Look for rainbows. Gaze at stars. See beauty everywhere. Work hard. Be wise. Try to understand. Take time for people. Make time for yourself. Laugh heartily. Spread joy. Take a chance. Reach out. Let someone in. Try something new. Slow down. Be soft sometimes. Believe in yourself. Trust others. See a sunrise. Listen to rain. Reminisce. Cry when you need to. Trust life. Have faith. Enjoy wonder. Comfort a friend. Have good ideas. Make some mistakes. Learn from them. Celebrate LIFE.
- Robert Emmett Tansey
"So everyone knows this was given to me while playing rent a cop after leaving the military. If you don't know Mr. Tansey is also the author of "Footprints." This IS a re-post. But I love this poem. I think until a find a poem better than this one it will be re-posted every January as my 'new years thing.' :)"
On a change of topic:
My work week to say the least has been interesting. I went from trying to follow a 'new map' mentality - to you might be fired -to I'll resign on my own terms thank you! -to just follow your map that don't worry about being fired. Talk about a slew of emotions. To top things off this was a week physically challenged by mother nature and a week #2 of a head cold that's taking longer than normal to get rid of.
oh ADD moment: Can you see the two rainbows? I know it's not the best but it was the first time I had a camera when seeing two rainbows.


0 comments:
Post a Comment