What you do in life will have echo effects.
“I need you to tell the truth, even if it hurts.” Funny how we are all brought up on this standard. Yet few of us live up to this level of truth. Even you if you try someone will think you’re lying. Irony! We grow up trying to learn how to say something without hurting feelings. Really?! Isn’t this a nicer way to lie?
Why take so much time to lie? I’ve always thought it’s easier to only answer questions when posed to me. You may not like the answer that I give but it’s the honest truth. I’m not concerned if I hurt your feelings. I want believe the truth will set you free. That the truth will be the one thing people will find a true positive characteristic of your personality.
Recently I learned it doesn’t matter. I answered a question with honesty and was told it was a lie. A lie! A fucking lie. I tell you the truth and you look at the readings and tell me it’s a lie. Nice! Why tell the truth if it’s going to be considered a lie. Why look for honesty and integrity if it’s just a lie? Honesty is just a matter of opinion. Why look for truth? Is it really there or is it something that we want to believe? I don’t know any more.
My faith in truth has been shattered by a machine. My career goals of steeping forward and moving in a new direction has been crushed. For I told the truth and was told it was a lie. I told the truth and my integrity was considered false. I told the truth and a machine called me a liar. My life changing career goal was left to the results of a machine that said I’m lying. Now I see why people don’t believe in it.
Let me leave you with these quotes.
“Truth is the safest lie.” -Jewish proverb
“The honester the man, the wore the luck.” – John Ray
“I had a lover’s quarrel with the world.” – Robert Frost
“To lose. Is to learn.” – Anon
“The significance of a man is not in what he attains but rather in what he longs to attain.” – Kahlil Gibran
....and with that said I bid you ado.
abundance altar
11 years ago

1 comments:
people have their own beliefs and theories about telling the truth, like they do with love and death and everything else in life. we need to stay true to our selves no matter who tries to bring us down. we need to hold our head up high for being who we are. the different, the machines; they may try to tell us differently, but the truth is, that you know what the truth is, and isn't that all that really matters in the end. understandably sucks (believe me, very understandable - punch someone's face understandable), but maybe the machine was just telling you, that the job you thought you wanted was not ready to accept a person of integrity like you!
love you man!
Post a Comment