“Everyone wants a nice body but nobody wants to work for it.” This was a phrase that was said when I worked out on active duty. I used to hate this phrase. Today I have decided to make this my motivational theme as I attempt to rid myself of this ‘funk.’ I’ve been working haphazardly trying to lose weight and get back into shape. However it’s been to no avail.
For the past couple of months I’ve been attempting to get back down to manageable weight. Nothing seems to work. I’ve tried doing a normal workout plan, didn’t really work. I’ve downloaded the 100 push-up /sit-up apps for my phone. “Everyone wants a nice body but nobody wants to work for it.” For the longest time it assumed that it had it do with my intensity in my workouts. In my case it has to do with the frequency.
Seriously I must find motivation to want to work out. I look at other people and say in my head “I wish I looked like that.” Why? That should be my motivation that should be enough. Yet here I sit trying to find motivation.
Well I’m here to say that I am getting off my ass. I’m tired of saying that I’m working on something and not really working on something. I must be held accountable! No longer will I be saying I’m going to try and workout. I will be working out. I must take this more seriously. I must lose this weight; I must stop looking at other people in jealously.
So here is my plan on correcting this situation:
I have downloaded some apps and updated my calendar. Currently I have 200 sit-ups, 100 push-ups and MapMyRun. The push up and sit up programs are great but when working out it the constant stopping to switch apps are irritating. I have opted to try MyFitnessPal app. I don’t know that this is ‘the’ app but I will be giving it a go.
Okay so that was the breakdown of apps. As for the workout plan, I will be using a simple 10K plan that will allow me to get back into the wanting to run pattern. The last time I used it I found that I actually started to like running. This should be fun, especially since I don’t like to run. (I’d rather write the next great American novel). I will be using a upper body/lower body workout plan for the rest of the body. Abs! I want abs!! For that reason I will be using a 10-15 minute abs program each day.
The last thing I am doing is monitoring my nutrition. I’ve not taking this time to really look at this. I know that my eating pattern is schizophrenic so this will be ‘fun’ to control.
So here is my current breakdown as of 18 July 2010.
Height Weight Calorie
Current 5’7” 165 1500-2900
Ideal 130-142 1520
And with that I will be getting off of this soapbox since I've got 30lbs to lose.
abundance altar
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment