It's the new year. As I take time to reflect on both my past and future, I
realize that overall I am happy. Sounds like an obvious comment but there
were occasions that I felt that my world was unraveling. Moments of hate
towards the direction things were heading. Moments of complete and utter
silliness. Moment of fear and sadness. All in all, reminders "live" during
the peaks and "valleys". I remember my great great grandmother saying
something at the time I thought I understood, but now as an adult the worlds
are crystal clear. Life is a journey, you MUST look at each moment an find
the good for even really bad moments have good in them.
I left that day most likely wishing my mom would make more dinners with matzoh ball soup followed by stuffed cabbage...not to mention let me all the rye bread I want.
Oh yeah, and look for a silver lining. Sounded simple! Except for that I'm
a Belsky. We look for the little things to bitch about. There could be a
rainbow out, we'll complain about humidity. I have one bad moment (or event)
at work and I chalk up the whole day as bad. I need to change my perceptions
in life.
Nearly 20 years later, I'm understanding that these petty little issues are
changes in direction. Don't get wrapped up in details. Everything has a
silver lining. Hurricanes are a perfect example. They bring destruction to
buildings yet they bring natural order to the environments they pass.
All in all, I realize I need to live. Wake bitch a little. Try something
new. Which reminds me of poem I received from Robert Tansey.
"In This Special Moment in Life"
Think freely. Practice patience. Smile often. Savor special moments. Make new friends. Rediscover old ones. Tell those you love that you do. Feel deeply. Forgot trouble. Forgive an enemy. Hope. Grow. Be crazy. Count your blessing. Observe miracles. Let them happen. Discard worry. Give. Give in. Trust enough to take. Pick some flowers. Share them. Keep a promise. Look for rainbows. Gaze at stars. See beauty everywhere. Work hard. Be wise. Try to understand. Take time for people. Make time for yourself. Laugh heartly. Spread joy. Take a chance. Reach out. Let someone in. Try something new. Slow down. Be soft sometimes. Believe in yourself. Trust others. See a sunrise. Listen to rain. Reminisce. cry when you need to. Trust life. Have faith. Enjoy wonder. Comfort a friend. Have good ideas. Make some mistakes. Learn from them. Celebrate LIFE.
- Robert Emmett Transy
abundance altar
11 years ago

1 comments:
love that poem/quote from Robert Transy. Perfectly and simply stated! I will have to use it. :)
Happy New Year!
Post a Comment