I bought a GE side by side refrigerator on 10 November 2006 along with some other appliances. Three years 3 days from the day I paid for it (not when it was delivered) on 13 November 2009 it gave out. Ironically I didn’t know that it was broken. I made my coffee as usual. I went to the fridge to get out the creamer, when I stepped into a puddle of water. Without thinking I went got some towels and cleaned up the mess. After throwing the towels into the truck with the rest of my laundry, I looked around. Low and behold the water/ice maker was leaking. I fiddled with that for a little while finished making my coffee and went on my way.
After a day at work, I sat down and vegetated in front of my tele and surfed the internet; my usual routine after dinner and what not. Around midnight my ADD reminded me that I needed to freeze some meat that I had purchased. I proceeded to prep the meat and tried to put the meat in the freezer. That’s when I realized that the fridge was acting up. In true “I’ll google that,” I looked up on the internet what could be wrong. Everything that came up say like reading Mandarin, so I texted the few people I knew that my know how to answer my stresser. Realizing that there was no way they would be up I went to bed.
The next morning after buying a butt load of ice, I called GE. They informed me that they would be out sometime between 8-12 on Monday. I was so happy to realize that it would be fixed. I was a little worried that it would be something that isn’t under warranty since that is my luck. Well Monday came and when I woke up at 445 on my off day I just stayed up. 8-12 came and went. I called GE to find out what the malfunction was. It seems that they told me 8-12 and decided not to tell the local repair company. So my 8-12 became 1-5. Around 5, I received a call from the service rep assigned to my fridge. I told him no worries. I was just happy that my fridge was getting fixed.
Shortly after 7 the service rep showed up. After a total of 10 minutes, he informed me that the evaporator coil and condenser went out. At first I didn’t care…it’s under warranty; no worries. Then in true Denise fashion, he proceeded to inform me that service reps are not allowed to carry these parts and that it would be ordered. Of course I ask how long that would take. Only to be responded with a heavy sigh and “I’ll have it rushed and can be back out here next Monday.” Next Monday! No worries. I’ll be in South Florida for a couple of days so I’ll call a friend to check that it came.
I arrived home Thursday no GE box. No worries. I will arrive tomorrow. Friday comes and goes. No worries, it’s my luck it would arrive on the last day of the mailing service for the week. So Saturday comes and so does the mail. No box. I call GE to find out if box came. Now I’m thinking someone came by and saw the GE box and helped themselves. I’m from South Florida so my thoughts go to the dark side when things aren’t going my way. In true fashion the service rep on the phone informs me that box will arrive on the 24th and we will reschedule your service repair for Wednesday the 25th.
Okay now I’m pissy! Are you kidding me! My fridge goes out on the 13th and you might get to it on the 25th? Humm how about this, you suck. I’m still in disbelief that a product purchased only lasted 3 years before a major component goes out. Thankful I live alone. I would kill someone if I had a family. No worries. I will never buy another GE product again. Each item will be replaced with a better company. One that understands a refrigerator is not something that should take a week and half to fix. Thank you GE!! My parents who were planning on coming up for Thanksgiving are no longer coming. Thank you for ruining my Thanksgiving with my parents. Normally I would have been happy with this. But time with those you love is priceless and you have robbed me of this. For the record, I haven’t had a Thanksgiving with my parents in over 5 years.
abundance altar
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment