In basic navigation you look at your destination. Calculate the distance and measure the changes in terrain; all the while checking your azimuth for accuracy. Once you have this information you shoot your azimuth and head in that direction. A well calculated destination will have you hit the mark every time. A poorly calculated plan will lead to you missing the destination all together. It’s pretty simple by design.
My destination was simple. Yet somehow my map was wrong and I’ve ended up at a detour. After much humming and hawing over it, I’ve decided to take another look at the map and re-read my directions. Maybe I have someone else's map and not my own. My map is flawed. My plans have changed not by choice for I didn’t calculate this detour. Currently I am still looking at this map and trying to figure out the directions. Do I turn right or left? Damn this stupid fork in the road! Which way to go?
If I go straight, I succumb to just being average and not stop trying to reach my goals. For my map says it’s just one big round-a-but. If I turn left, I head in a direction that is one that takes me to a new position without the uncertainty of advancement. Then there’s the right. Heck it’s not even on the map! I’m not used to going down roads that have no markers. I need to know that I can get back on the main road to my goals.
I need a new map. One that fulfills my OCD needs of having a goal in life. I can’t live a life without direction. I need to know that there is something at the end of this tunnel. Some people can live like this but I can’t. I need to know that I have something that drives me. This current detour is a slap in my face that I didn’t measure the terrain. My new map will be completed by the year’s end. Unlike last time this map will focus on the terrain and the distance measured twice.
abundance altar
11 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment