We all have trees of secrets that seem to grow and create a forest. These forests are filled with little white lies that make up the perimeter of the forest. As these trees fall we notice them, but make no note of the sound as their just little white lies. As we move further into the forest we see the lies told to protect someone from how we really feel. As these trees fall, we notice and hear them falling. Yet unlike the white lies, we make note of the one or two individuals that are standing around and watching that tree fall. Moving deeper into the forest we notice a change in the size of trees. For these have been here longer and have the seedling dropping white lies surrounding each tree at the trunk. As one of these trees grows, they all grow. The sound of these trees falling has a louder sound than the others for it has the capability of creating a domino effect.
Finally at the center of the forest there are just a few trees. These trees range in size and type. Some commonly found in everyone's forest, while others are rare and free standing for years only in this forest. These trees like the last have smaller trees surrounding them. Unlike the other trees when these trees fall the can spark, this spark resulting in a small fire to the eye. All the while to the individual all they can hear is the rumbling of the trees, the popping of the branches becoming deafening as the wild fire rages on. Nothing else can be heard, seen or done. We must put out this fire! It's our fire and we can't ask for help. By for asking help only makes the fire louder and bigger as it fueled by this help. Slowly we become overwhelmed and succumbed by it. But then the fire is out and as we look around new trees are beginning to grow and the cycle begins again. As the cycle begins again it makes each tree stronger, bigger and louder when they do fall.
My tree is falling and I can't stop it. I need to ask for help, yet I can't for it's my tree. I don't want you to touch my tree; for it is fragile and only I can feed and taken care of by me. My tree is falling. I can't hear you for it is too loud in here and you are being drowned out. Soon the fire will be out and I will be able to see just the forest.

0 comments:
Post a Comment